In the book, Feeding Penny Pig, Mimi is in search of the perfect gift for her granddaughter Laney. She spots gold in the special pig, Penny, who teaches Laney the value of responsibility by earning the coins to feed her.
This book is ideal for children ages 4-8 who are ready to learn the value of a dollar, earning an allowance, and responsibility.
Along with this book, you and your grandchild can build a piggy bank to help teach responsibility.
Plastic Bottle Piggy Bank
Plastic Bottle – Bleach bottle, milk gallon bottle, etc.
Pink pipe cleaner
Pink paint for plastic (Spray paint if possible)
Decals to decorate Piggy (Hearts, letters for child’s name, pom poms, etc.
4 spools for legs
2 large Eyes
- Cut a slit in the top for the coins to drop in.
- Be sure to put down plastic for painting and spray paint outside if you use spray paint.
- Spray paint bottle. Spray cap separately. This may take more than one coat. Don’t worry if it runs a little because the child will cover most of the bank with the decals.
- When the paint is dry, cement the 2 eyes under the handle.
- Put the top on the bottle for the snout and mark it with black marker for holes in the snout.
- Cut a small hole in the back of the bottle for the tail. Curl the pipe cleaner and insert into the hole.
- Let the child decorate with decals. Preferably, put the name and then cover the pig with decals from the craft store.
- Cement small pom poms around to cover any spots that need to be covered.
Where to buy: Feeding Penny Pig can be purchased at Mimi's Fun House for $14.95 or at Amazon for as low as $11.66.
GiveawayOne of you can win Feeding Penny Pig here at Mission Mommy. Here's how you can enter to win. (Required Entry must be completed before any additional entries can be made.)
Required Entry: Visit Mimi's Fun House and tell me something you learned, enjoyed, or would like to own other than the item featured here.
Extra Entries: Leave a separate comment for each additional entry.
- Follow Mission Mommy AND @FeedingPennyPig on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway (up to 2x daily)
- Follow this blog
- Become a fan of Feeding Penny Pig on Facebook and write on their wall.
- Blog about this giveaway. Include a link back to this post. (3 entries)
- Subscribe to Mission Mommy by email/RSS
- Stumble this post.
- Add my button to your blog (2 entries)
- Enter any other giveaway here at Mission Mommy.
This giveaway is open to all US residents and will end February 27. The items featured were provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of this review. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.